the lost year

Dedicated to those who lost me to a year that still remains unknown. Not to mention recovering that year for myself.

My Photo
Name:

A perpetual pilgrim stumbling drunkenly from one curbside to the next just praying to god the path is somewhere in between and along the way.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Untold story

There is a reason that this story has not been written about or made into a feature film. A good one. Simply put, there is not much of the army in the band and not much of the band in the army band. Living the life of an army musician was like watching an angry pitbull chasing its tail for four years straight. And while I may sit here feeling remotely traumatized and more than a little ambivalent about the whole thing, I wonder how I might present the tale in such a way that might deserve the paper its written on. Perhaps I should exxaggerate the moments of sexual harrassment and make a tale of intrigue and deception. Or maybe I should tell you about the "traumas" (quotations only for the general public...was certainly a legitimate use of the word in the actual experience for me) of basic training. And you know what? I will. But first, I will tell you that my story is only that of one person in a strange place at a strange time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home